Public Hearings and Public Comment Periods
There is a set of public hearing and comment periods happening in the month of November 2023. Please see the list below and click each link if you are interested in learning more about these opportunities.
- November 15th, 4 PM: ERDC Rule Change (Payment Rates & Late Payments)
- November 15th, 5PM: Certified School-age Center Rules
- November 16th, 5PM: Amends Adult-to-child Ratios for Provider’s Children in Certified Family Child Care Homes
- November 16th, 6PM: Amends Adult-to-child Ratios for Provider’s Children in Registered Family Child Care Homes
- November 17th, 5PM: General Rules for All Child Care Facilities (Hearings)
For all proposed rule sets, the Public Comment Period ends on November 29th at 5PM. This will ensure that DELC has one week to consider public comments before the proposed rules are brought to the Early Learning Council for action.
You can also find these links on our website at: https://www.oregon.gov/delc/about-us/Pages/rule-making.aspx
Certified Center Information Session
Certified Child Care Centers are invited to a virtual information event!
Learn about the new rules for Certified Centers, effective January 1, 2024.
During the session, you will:
- Hear from CCLD managers and staff,
- Receive an overview of the key rule changes, and
- Connect with additional resources
Dates and Times
- Thursday, November 30th from 10:00-11:00am
Register here: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_k2kvLLPlTryL5wR_Kmsy3Q
- Tuesday, December 5th from 6:00pm-7:00pm*
Register here: https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_dO-dtLNRTlWrnSXreD6j0Q
*Spanish interpretation available AND we would like this session to be on Facebook live.
Registration is required to attend via Zoom.
Please share this opportunity with your network!
Reminder: Employment Related Day Care Program opens Waitlist on November 4, 2023
As of this month, November 2023, the Employment Related Day Care program opened a waitlist because of the increased demand and limited funding. Families currently receiving ERDC will not be affected by the waitlist and will continue receiving benefits.
To learn more about this waitlist and find resources for families visit our ERDC website page.
The updated Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) Child Care Provider Guide will be shipped to ERDC providers soon. You can also access the new guide online in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, and Simplified Chinese. ERDC providers can visit oregon.gov/delc/providers/pages/erdc-providers.aspx for more information, forms, and resources.