DELC Launches a New Website
With the launch of a new agency, we’ve also launched a new website: Oregon.gov/DELC is our new home. Take a look when you have a moment. Poke around and let us know what you think.
We want to make continuous improvements to this site, now and in the future. Please take a moment to let us know about any broken links or trouble you have accessing the information you need.
Watch your inbox next week for a message from Director Alyssa Chatterjee and all about our new agency!
Updates on DELC for ERDC Child Care Providers
The Oregon Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC) launched on July 1, 2023, bringing together the Oregon Early Learning Division (ELD) and the Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) program. DELC will help unify, strengthen, and expand Oregon’s early learning and care system. Here’s what you need to know:
- DELC has a new look, email addresses end with @delc.oregon.gov, and DELC’s website is Oregon.gov/DELC.
- The Direct Pay Unit still sends billing forms and processes payments. Their phone number and hours are also the same.
- Families will still apply for and receive ERDC benefits with other benefits programs they may be eligible for at ODHS.
- Child care licensing services and processes such as billing forms, payment processes, licensing applications, inspections, and background checks will remain the samet.
If you’re an ERDC child care provider, please take a look at the flyers below to learn more about what to expect at DELC.
For more information about DELC and what to expect in the implementation, please see the flyer below:
Over time, DELC will help Oregon better serve providers, children, and families. Within the next few years, providers will see better systems for licensing and billing and greater alignment across early learning and care programs.
Join the new Advisory Committee on Early Childhood Suspension and Expulsion Prevention Program (ECSEPP)
The Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC), with support from Trauma Informed Oregon invites you to help inform the design of the Early Childhood Suspension and Expulsion Prevention Program. By joining this advisory committee, you will have the chance to help ensure services are culturally responsive, tailored to the needs of individual communities, and effective in preventing suspension and expulsion.
Members of this team will include:
- Caregivers (parents, foster parents, family members, and other responsible adults caring for children under five years of age)
- Early Care and Education providers of all types
- Coaches, consultants, trainers and other professionals who provide content expertise, coordination of services, and other supports to ECE providers
- Specialized Service staff in fields like early intervention and early childhood special education
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultants (IECMHC)
- Community members connected personally or professionally with Oregon’s early childhood community
We encourage people who speak Spanish, English, and/or are bilingual in English and another language to apply.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY: 5 p.m., Tuesday, July 25
Share your summer program photos!
The Early Learning Division (ELD) – soon to be the Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC) is asking for YOUR help building our DELC photo library. Summertime is especially great for outdoor activity photos with program staff and the children you serve. If you’re hosting any family activities, we’d love to see those as well!
Photos submitted to us will be shared on the DELC social media platforms and used to show real photos of Oregon’s child care and preschool programs.
Please be sure to get the correct photo release form signed by any participating staff and families.
You can submit the photos or video by sending them to through our Content Submission Form.