UPDATED COVID-19 GUIDANCE NOW AVAILABLE
As Oregon continues to focus on COVID-19 prevention, ELD and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), has updated Oregon’s Child Care Provider COVID-19 Requirements and Recommendations, effective Nov. 9, 2022. This guidance document can be found on the COVID-19 Resources webpage.
Some key updates to COVID-19 guidance include:
- Removal of requirement to quarantine if exposed and not symptomatic. Providers are still required to exclude any child or staff who has COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status.
- Removal of requirement to notify Local Public Health Authority (LPHA) for every COVID-19 case. Instead, providers will be required to report elevated levels of absenteeism due to respiratory illness.
- Added recommendation: When returning to care after isolation, individuals 2 years and older
should wear a mask for an additional five days. Individuals who cannot or do not wear a mask should continue to be excluded for an additional five days, for a total of 10 days.
- Updated vaccine and booster recommendations
For questions about COVID-19, please contact your LPHA or email OHA at
COVID.email@example.com. Additionally, you can contact the Office of Child Care at 1-800-556-6616 or email ProviderContact@state.or.us.
REMINDER: REGISTER TO ATTEND ELD’S
NOVEMBER PROVIDER INFORMATION SESSIONS
Join us in November to learn about the below topics:
- ERDC Expanded Eligibility
- Check in with OHA on COVID-19
- Get the latest info on the Agency and Programs
Wednesday, November 16 | 6 to 7 p.m.
All provider types. (Interpretation available)
Thursday, November 17 | 6 to 7 p.m.
All provider types. (Conducted in Spanish)
This is a virtual event. Registration is required to attend via Zoom. You may submit questions in advance on the registration form. You may also participate on ELD’s Facebook page live stream.
Note: Attendees using interpretation services (Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, and ASL) should join the session via Zoom.
HONORING CURRENT AND FORMER MEMBERS
OF THE MILITARY ON VETERANS DAY
This Friday, on Veterans Day, we would like to acknowledge and thank current and former members of the United States armed services. Many early care and education professionals have served in the military or have a spouse or family member who is a U.S. veteran. To all of you, thank you for your service to our nation.
The Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs will honor all veterans of the U.S. armed forces during its Veterans Day Ceremony Nov. 10 this year in view of the Capitol. The event will feature remarks by federal, state, and local dignitaries and ceremonial elements including color guard, national anthem, wreath presentation and the playing of “Taps.” The ceremony starts at 11 a.m. on November 10 (day before Veterans Day).
CERTIFIED SCHOOL-AGE CENTERS:
YOU’RE INVITED TO A VIRTUAL EVENT
Attend a virtual information session to learn about the new rules for certified school-age centers, effective January 1, 2023. During this session, you will:
- Hear from Regional Manager Kristina Christian and Senior Licensing Specialist Cheryle Myers
- Learn about the rules for licensed programs that only care for school-age children
- Explore any questions from programs about these rules
Click below to register. There are two options:
This is a virtual event. Registration is required to attend via Zoom. To register or learn more, visit https://oregonearlylearning.com/rules-resources/. To submit questions in advance, please email Cheryle.K.Myers@ode.oregon.gov.